Positive Youth Development (PYD) Specialist, Mali – Mali Shifin ni Tagne Activity
The Candidacy Of Women is strongly encouraged
CARE is dedicated to ending poverty and improving the lives of women, girls, and vulnerable populations around the world. We do this through meaningful partnerships with social justice movements, local civil society groups and broad networks of organizations focused on social inclusion. We are locally led, globally connected, and committed to advocating for the rights and inclusion of marginalized, under-represented populations around the world. We believe the inclusion of every individual, regardless of their identity, is essential in helping to transform societies and improve quality of life.
CARE seeks a Positive Youth Development (PYD) Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Cross-Sectoral Youth activity in Mali. The project will enable vulnerable and marginalized Malian youth in the regions of Bamako, Mopti and Segou to become educated, healthy, and productive citizens while building their resilience to recurrent crises. The Activity will focus on an integrated program that includes basic education, workforce development, media literacy to counter disinformation, youth entrepreneurship, and reproductive health.
The PYD Specialist will be overseeing technical areas that include youth-inclusive approaches, development of youth livelihoods and employment pathways, access to and support for basic education, implementation, and awareness of Positive Youth Development (PYD), market-oriented skill development, youth-focused private sector engagement, youth engagement, and cascading leadership models, and adolescent reproductive health.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25 million range.
This position is subject to project award and funding. National candidates are encouraged to apply. The position will be based in Bamako, Mali.
- Provide technical leadership and capacity development around positive youth development frameworks and approaches and gender and social inclusion.
- Provide technical leadership around youth-responsive and youth-focused interventions across core technical areas such as basic education, workforce development, reproductive health, and youth entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrated experience in gender-related development activities; gender-based violence prevention and service provision; and institutional capacity building of, and coordination among, a variety of government ministries.
- Support the COP in the establishment of a program and consortium structure that favors integration across all activities and implementing partners and ensures youth voice and inclusion.
- Ensure that crosscutting aspects of the program such as adaptive management, gender equality and social inclusion, positive youth development, and resilience are included and well integrated into the program strategy and implementation model.
- In coordination with the program MEL staff, monitor the implementation of activities through regular field visits and assessments to ensure program quality and impact.
- Work with team, consortium members, and MEL staff to ensure gender and social inclusion, elevating the role and voice of young people in monitoring and evaluation of program design and implementation.
- Ensure that the project deliveries are achieved on time.
- Ensure positive youth development approaches are embedded in all activities.
- Contribute to donor reporting, as required.
- University degree required. Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, or a related field preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant management, program coordination, and technical experience working with programs of similar scope and scale. Applicants with strong track record of work in youth development programming will be highly considered.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge in design and management of integrated, cross sectoral programs that include youth, education, workforce development, media literacy, economic empowerment/entrepreneurship, and/or reproductive health components. Familiarity with USAID guidance on Positive Youth Development, Gender and other related policies.
- Applicants with strong track record of work in youth development programming will be highly considered.
- Significant previous experience working in conflict, crisis situations, or volatile operating contexts preferably in West or Central Africa.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, donor relations and consortium/partner management experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH).
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
The application dossier should hold the following mention on the envelope or in the subject line of your email message « Position: Positive Youth Development (PYD) Specialist, Mali« . The application comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, certified copies of the candidate’s degrees /diplomas and certificates of work and 3 professional references must be sent throught its email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on September 30, 2023.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A MENTION » Positive Youth Development (PYD) Specialist, Mali » WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE Mali has an excellent national and international reputation for its seriousness and professionalism, and actively combats any form of fraud or attempted fraud and any sort of corruption or attempted corruption.