LOCATION: Bamako, Mali with regular field visit in Oxfam intervention area
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term – 2 years with possibility of Extension JOB FAMILY: Business Support
ONE OXFAM GRADE : C ZONE: 1
DEPARTMENT: Business Support
TEAM: Finance, Logistics, and IT
SALARY: According to OGB pay scales
HOURS: (FTE): Full-time 40 hours per week
FLEXIBLE WORKING: This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
DEPARTMENT PURPOSE: To develop, advise and implement quality business support in compliance with Oxfam policies and standards
TEAM PURPOSE: Support quality programme delivery
JOB PURPOSE: To develop, advise and implement quality business support to ensure effective financial, human resources, logistics, administration, and IT services to both operational and partner programmes.
To ensure Programme Services management contributes to and is aligned to the Mali programme, region & the global strategic goals.
JOB REPORTS TO Country Director
ROLES REPORTING TO THIS JOB Financer Manager, Logistics Manager, IT Officer
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY Oversight of 8 million Euros per annum
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE Mali country IMPACT
• Ensure compliance with Mali’s legal and statutory policies and with Oxfam regional and donors’ policies and standards
• To ensure the relevant system and policies are in place in Oxfam Mali • Ensure all reporting’s and audit requirements are met with maximum compliances
• Ensure that the supply of goods and Job services to programmes is carried out transparently and speedily
• To oversight and support Implementing partners in financial management in line with the Oxfam and donor compliances KEY STAKEHOLDERS
• Daily interaction with Oxfam Mali Senior Leadership Team, field-based teams Oxfam Mali Business Support Department, Business and Programme Development Department.
• Regular coordination with the Oxfam West Africa (WAF) Platform, EA Node, HQ and implementing partners KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource management)
• To proactively address the interface between Finance, Logistics, HR, Admin & IT teams to ensure the programme is cost effective, efficient and complies with organisational standards of management and accountability;
• Manage all aspects of finance, and administration procedures in line with corporate and regional standards, ensuring required financial reports are provided as required;
• Ensure compliance with local legal and statutory financial reporting requirements;
• Implementation of External & Internal Audit recommendations and provision of progress reports;
• Ensure that the supply of goods and services to programmes is carried out speedily and efficiently in a transparent manner, following donors’ requirement;
• Make sure that a delivery of efficient day to day administration and general support, including reception, travel, office environment and staff safety issues are made;
• Be actively involved in and aware of all organisational issues, so as to proactively identify potential problems and concerns and deliver quick, practical, business focussed solutions;
• Take prompt and definite action on non-compliance with policy and practice ;
• Contribute to the operational planning and implementation of Corporate and Regional finance, logistics, IT and administration initiatives to ensure rollout in an appropriate manner for the Country;
• Advise managers on the interpretation and implementation of the full range of Oxfam’s business policies and procedures, ensuring consistency and fairness in application, in accordance with Oxfam policy and local legislative requirements ;
• Ensure compliance with legal obligations of the program in the areas of finance, IT, logistics and administration. Provide advice and guidance to the Country Director, and the CMT on risk management plans relating to programme services functions;
• Development of customer service attitude within the finance, logistics, IT and administration teams and a focus on integrated teamwork;
• Responsible for overall management and of provision of an advisory role on all aspects of business services. This includes managing and coordinating the work of the administration, finance, IT and logistics teams;
• Ensure that program supports functions are reviewed and improved where necessary;
• Ensure accurate and timely production of financial reports to donors and ensure the effective tracking and reporting on multiple donor funded programs ;
• Ensure that our practices is aligned with Oxfam’s values and policies, especially around financial management, staff management and procurement, both internally within Oxfam and externally within partners and suppliers organizations.
• Support the CD in the business planning and reporting cycle, including planning, forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis;
• Proactively address the interface between Program and Program Services teams to ensure efficiency and accountability;
• Manage the Business Services Team to ensure they have the necessary skills and abilities to effectively deliver operational support and services to the organisation and to support other Oxfam staff in their capacity building work and to deliver relevant training and support to partner organisations as required;
• Regularly monitor and evaluate individual and departmental performance against objectives and ensure issues are identified and addressed;
• Develop and implement a detailed plan for building the business services capacity of partner organisations, especially in finance, and logistics. This will include needs assessment, capacity building approach and delivery plan including tools and methodologies, performance standards, and evaluation approach;
• To be familiar with, ensure compliance and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of conduct, the People in Aid Code, Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes (e.g. Interaction Field Co-operation Protocol).
• Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline or a Master’s in Business Administration MBA;
• 5 to 10 years previous work experience in program support functions and management of it (finance, capital assets, information management and logistics) in emergency and development context essential;
• Capacity to analyse, develop solutions and communicate to a wide audience, diverse and complex problems, usually within organisational policy;
• Experience of managing wide diverse technical teams to deliver on tight deadlines;
• Excellent leadership and people management abilities, with motivational, talent development and change management skills. Able to manage and develop other people’s professional standards and potential;
• Analytical and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
• Leadership qualities and people management expertise to provide direction and effective support to a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to build and performance manage high functioning team;
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
• Demonstrable application of, commitment to and a willingness to learn about Oxfam’s feminist principles, gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity in all aspects of development and humanitarian work.
• Commitment to undertake Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adherence of relevant policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
• Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
• Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
• Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
• Ensure you commit to our ORGANIZATIONAL ATTRIBUTES (including adhering to the Code of Conduct):
1. Be committed to our feminist principles, and to applying them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity."
2. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
• Ability to present information and concepts clearly, both verbally and on paper;
• Computer literacy, preferably knowledge of Oxfam financial and project database systems;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to be flexible in demanding situation;
• Ability to take considerable initiative and independence, and to take the lead and shoulder considerable responsibility without recourse to additional support. Capacity to take decisions and to support others to take decisions.
• Good written and spoken French and English are essential.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
Self Awarness: able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes. We selfmoderate appropriately to different context thereby optimizing our ability to achieve goals.
Humility: Put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization. We work to achieve goals together not just individually.
System Thinking: view problems as parts of an overall system and our contributions to change in relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage intended and unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
Strategic Thinking and Judgment: use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
• Experience in capacity building including coaching and providing feedback, and in the design and delivery of training;
• Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills;
• Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work;
• An understanding of gender, HIV & AIDS and diversity considerations within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities in the workplace and the programme;
• Ability and willingness to travel regularly, at times at short notice, locally, regionally and international.
To apply, go the link :
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Télecharger la publication ici : Business Support Manager 2 - PAGES HUMANITAIRES.pdf